(Click on any image to see an enlarged version)
Many of the most spectacular and interesting street art locations in Melbourne and its suburbs are away from the 86 tram route, or further away than roughly five minutes walk from an 86 tram stop, thus not typically included in the core part of this site.
The Other locations pages are the setting for photographs and location information for street art from these areas. These pages do not currently have maps or guides like the main page of the site, but these may be added at a later date.
The Other locations - Richmond page presents street art around a core area close to Swan Street, but there are other street art locations in Richmond.
Getting to Richmond
Richmond is South East of the City of Melbourne and is the location of the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground). It is within reasonable walking distance of the city centre (about 20-25 minutes), but Richmond station is also serviced by all trains that travel to the Eastern Suburbs (Alamein, Belgrave, Cranbourne, Frankston, Glen Waverley, Lilydale, Pakenham and Sandringham lines), and several trams. Richmond station is about five minutes by train from Flinders street Station in the city centre.
The area of Richmond in focus on this page is mostly centred around Swan Street and nearby locations, and is bisected by the train line. There are several points to cross the line through tunnels or under bridges.
Probably the easiest way to see the locations here would be to take a train to Richmond Station and use the south exit
- Follow along the curve of Stewart Street until the railway bridge.
- Turn left into Swan Street and see the locations in Botherambo Street and other streets off Swan Street
- Cross under the railway line using the underpass at Railway Place (at the end of Green Street)
- Walk east towards Richmond East Station until you reach a parking lot
- Double back and follow the train line west along Railway Crescent until reaching White Street
- So south along White street until you reach a bridge
- Go under the bridge and to the right
- Follow Stephenson Street along the railway line
- Turn right along Cremorne Street and continue until you reach the north exit of Richmond Station
1. Corner Stewart Street and Stewart Place
2. Rear of the same building
3. On wall along edge of Stewart Street, about 20m from Punt Road
4. Along wall edging the south side of Stewart Street,
Starting about 10m short of Margaret Street and ending at Richmond Station entrance
5. North entrance to Richmond Station, just after piece above
6. Wall along south side of Stewart Street for last 50m before the bridge
7. Rear parking lot of Hotel in Wangarata Street, opposite location above
Opposite side of parking area from above
8. Side of shop on corner of Swan Street and Botherambo Street
9. Botherambo Street
|Artist: Unwell Bunny|
10. Lane next to Red Turreted building just next to the bridge over Swann Street
11. Side of building in Kipling Street
Rear of the same building
12. Side of building on corner of Stanley Street and Swan Street
13. Railway Place (Continuation of Green Street, a side street on the south side of Swan Street)
Fenced off area next to railway lines near corner of Green Street and Railway Place
14. Further along Railway Place, next to railway lines
|Artists: Dabs & Myla|
Exit point of railway under pass seen from Railway Place
15. Adolph Street, right next to East Richmond Station
16. Corner of Railway Crescent and Chestnut Street
17. Corner of Railway Crescent and White Street
18. Corner of Dunn Street and Stephenson Street
19. Corner of Gwynne Street and Stephenson Street
20. Corner of Cubitt Street and Stephenson Street
21. Corner of Stephenson Street and Cubitt Street
22. Parking lot bordered by Stephenson Street and the railway
23. About 30m down Dove Street (off Stephenson Street)
24. Corner of Cremorne Street and Jessie Street
Return to top of page